The winter Olympics of driving

There's just no end to these winter driving adventures.

First it was ice and snow. Then it was potholes. This morning it was tree limbs. They're everywhere.

Blame those wicked wind gusts up to 50 mph that battered the region overnight. So my normal commute weaving back and forth to avoid potholes now adds tree limbs and the occasional trash can to the list of obstacles.

One casualty this morning is Baltimore Pike in Lansdowne. A massive tree is sitting across the Pike there. It's shut down between Lansdowne Avenue and Burmont Road.

Be careful out there.

Luckily, this is pretty much going to be a one-day cold snap. Milder temps are expected to return on Friday and we have a shot of getting back into the 60s on Saturday.

If they ever add slalom driving to the Winter Olympics, I think I'm a lock for the gold medal.

Either that or if any cop sees me he's likely to pull me over for suspicion of driving under the influence. I can now weave with the best of them.

Good thing I gave up beer for Lent.

Comments