White, not green will be color of this St. Paddy's Day

Forget the shamrocks. Green is not going to be the color of the day on this St. Paddy's Day.

Think white stuff. As in snow.

I know, you don't want to hear. Neither do I.

Unfortunately, we don't have much choice. I just drove through it, and I will give this traffic report.

Pull the covers up over your head. It's going to be miserable out there this morning.

I was lucky because there are very few cars on the road at this hour. That won't be the case later on this morning.

All that talk about how we weren't going to see much of anything in these parts, with most of the snow falling south and east, seem to have shifted.

I just drove on a lot of roads that were snow-covered and slick.

And this on March 17, St. Patrick's Day.

I'll give you an indication of what it's like.

Providence Road from West Chester Pike across to the Route 1 Bypass was kind of hit or miss, with some spots snow-covered and some just wet.

But once I got over to Rose Tree Park, most of the roads were snow-covered. The Bypass had a light coating of snow, then when I made it up to Springfield Road, it had a complete coating all the way down to Bishop Avenue. I take a right there and go up to Baltimore Pike. As I was crusing toward the Pike, I noticed the left arrow turn yellow. I thought I could still make it. When I realized I wasn't going to, I hit the brakes. I had no shot. Luckily, I still had time to skid to the side of the road, instead of blowing right through the intersection.

Baltimore Pike was completely snow-covered.

I'm not sure what it's going to be like in south Delaware and South Jersey, where they are saying they could get as much as 6 inches of snow.

They're still saying 1-3 inches of snow here.

If that's the case it better stop soon, because we probably have close to an inch around here now.

Not exactly my idea of a happy St. Patrick's Day.

Comments