A pizza question for Delco history buffs

Today we have a question from a longtime reader.

I didn't know the answer so I thought I'd put it out there for our readers.

Pat Lane is trying to get some information on an old pizza shop in Chester. She believes it was on either Seventh and Morton or maybe Ninth and Morton in Chester back in the mid-'60s. It was called ReDavid's and may have had a bar attached.

Here's the kicker. Pat's mouth still waters for intoxicating mix of cheeses they used on their pies.

"To this day, I have never had a pizza as good as those from ReDavid," Par said.

I know how she feels. I'm a dedicated Grotto fan. Every time in Rehoboth (which is not nearly enough) I have to get my Grotto slice. Their pizza has a distinctive 'zing' to it from the combination of cheese they use. For some reason, it always tastes better at the beach. It doesn't seem as good in Wilmington or Newark.

Any how, can someone help Pat out? Post a comment and I will try to relay it to her.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I found this in the Daily Times dated March 25, 2010. This may be the owner of ReDavid's Pizza


Mark Vincent ReDavid, 52,Minister; former restaurateur; Marple Newtown grad

Posted: 03/25/10, 12:00 AM EDT |
0 Comments

Mark Vincent ReDavid, 52, of Springfield, a minister and former restaurateur, died March 16 at home.

Mr. ReDavid grew up in the Broomall section of Marple, where he lived for many years. He was a 1975 graduate of Marple Newtown High School.

A visiting minister in Delaware County and Philadelphia, Mr. ReDavid frequently spoke on Christian Family Radio.

He was formerly a restaurant and bar owner and bartender at family owned and other restaurants in Delaware County.

Mr. ReDavid was devoted to his family and his faith. He enjoyed spending time with family members, especially his children.

Mr. ReDavid was the son of Deloure ReDavid Mustico, who died in 2009.

Survivors: Wife, Kimberley Begley ReDavid; son, Mark Vincent ReDavid Jr.; father, Walter T. ReDavid; stepdaughters, Jessica, Mandy; stepsons, Anthony, Nicholas, Dewey; sisters, Daree ReDavid of Boothwyn, Brigette ReDavid of the Glen Mills section of Concord; one grandchild.

Service: Private.

Burial: Private.

Contributions: Mark Vincent ReDavid Jr. in care of Sharon Savings Bank, 9 Chester Pike, Darby, PA 19023

Arrangements: Nolan-Fidale Funeral Home, Chester.
Brigette ReDavid said…
My Aunt Marian ReDavid made the pizza at ReDavid's in Chester, where we used to have dinner every Friday night when I was little. She was a great cook. I especially liked her meatballs. My Uncle Vince was the bartender. Thanks for remembering her!