A weekend to remember

Scratch another one off the Bucket List.

Every man should get the opportunity to walk his little girl toward the man she will marry. I did just that on Saturday, and all I can say is that it was spectacular.

First things first, I suppose I should apologize for all the horrible things I've been saying in this space for years about the weather people.

That was especially true last week, when I spent most of the week cursing my fate and wondering when exactly we started having hurricanes on July 4th! Thankfully, Arthur blew through late Thursday and early Friday, clearing just in time for a spectacular couple of days.

I have to admit that when Mark and Rachel first started talking about marriage, they weren't all that enamored with the idea of a big wedding and at first considered running off and tying the knot.

There was a little part of me (the cheap side, as if there's another one!) that said, 'You know, that's not a bad idea.'

Gentlemen, put that idea out of your head.

Seeing your little girl in a wedding dress is worth any cost.

Thankfully, her mother talked Rachel out of eloping and started the process of planning. There's a lot more to it than I ever expected.

And if taking your daughter by the arm is not enough, there is - at least for me - one other benefit. Is there anything better in this world than a black tux? I'm considering buying one and wearing it to the office every day.

When I get a chance, I might write about the basket case I was for most of the week. And by all means, ask me about the adventure I had with our suitcases before we took off for the hotel on Friday. Let's just say it was not pretty.

That's as opposed to the rest of the weekend, which was, in a word, glorious.

Comments

Mare O. said…
Congratulations to the happy couple. I wish them a long, fruitful marriage. Loved hearing about a Dad's point of view and it brought back memories of when my Dad walked me down the aisle. He was so nervous that I was calming him down. smh But I'll always remember the tear that slipped from his eye when he first saw me in my gown. So, yes, tell us about the week leading up to the wedding.