Wishing up a storm

I take back all those terrible things I've said for years about our friendly local weather people. All I'm asking for is one nice weekend. I know we've been on a bit of a roll lately with a streak of gorgeous weekends. Can't we squeak out one more.

Instead I am hearing rumblings of a tropical storm.

A TROPICAL STORM?

I consider myself a pretty nice guy. I don't really ask for a lot. Coffee, the morning newspaper and at least one good story a day usually fits the bill.

So I have this question? Aren't we a bit early in the season for tropical storms? When is the last time anyone heard of the July 4th holiday being endangered by a tropical storm.

Of course, for the Heron clan this is not just any Fourth of July weekend. My daughter is getting married on Saturday.

Arthur is not invited to the reception.

That is the name our lovely weather folks (have I mentioned how much I actually admire and appreciate their work?) have slapped on a tropical depression forming off the coast of Florida.

The belief is that it could come up with East Coast, packing lots of wind and rain with it.

Someone please tell me this is a joke? I'll never scream, 'Just stick your head out the window,' at the TV during a weather segment on the local news again.

Just please don't tell me that of all the things I am going to deal with this week, I can now add a tropical storm to the list.

Comments

Anonymous said…
remember rain is supposed to be good luck on your wedding day Congrats to your family and your daughter!!