'Live From the Newsroom' takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

I had a bad feeling this was going to happen.

You can't move these days without tripping over someone doing the Ice Bucket Challenge. It has literally taken over the Internet.

People everywhere are dumping a bucket of ice cold water over their heads - and for a very good reason.

It's all a fundraiser for the war on ALS, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, probably better known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.

It's a debilitating disease that robs the body of its muscle control. Unfortunately, it always ends the same way.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of these kind of social media stunts. However, I would like to help the war in ALS in any way I can.

And thanks to my intrepid courthouse reporter and science columnist Alex Rose, I am getting in on the Ice Bucket Challenge.

I've decided to make it part of our weekly live-stream Internet show, 'Live From the Newsroom.' So yes, I will be standing outside the Daily Times building tomorrow night about 7:30 having a bucket of ice cold water dumped on my head.

Once I thought about it a bit, it dawned on me that there's probably a lot of people in Delaware County who would just love the chance to dump a bucket of water on the head of the editor of the Daily Times.

Well, this is your chance.

Looking to get back at the editor? All you have to do is pony up $25 for the ALS Society of Philadelphia. You can make a donation by going to their website here.

I'll be kicking in $25 of my own - as opposed to the $100 you're on the hook for if you chicken out and don't take the challenge.

Upper Darby top cop Mike Chitwood is already committed to being first in line. 'Media Mike' was an easy choice. But I'm sure there are a few more chiefs out there who don't think quite as highly of what we do here at the Daily Times. Line up for your shot at the editor, folks. I also have a pitch out to County Councilman John McBlain. Maybe he can bring GOP chief Andy Reilly with him. I'm sure Andy would love to get some revenge for all those times we've referred to him as the GOP 'boss,' which he hates. If you want in on the fun, shoot me an email.

Or if you'd just like to be part of the spectacle, drop by for our live show Wednesday night at 7. We'll be right in front of the building in beautiful downtown Primos.

I'm also hoping to have someone on from ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter to talk about the success of this phenomenal fundraiser and how it all got started.

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Why do I think this was a bad idea?

Comments