Gottahavva ... price hike

Just in case I wasn't depressed enough this week with the official end of summer, my friends at Wawa decided to get in on the act.

First, the jumped the gun on Fall by bringing back Pumpkin Spice coffee.

Normally, this would not bother me. I am strictly a regular coffee guy. Just sugar, thank you very much.

But my wife, a Dunkin' Donuts devotee, is a huge Pumpkin Spice Girl. And she prefers Wawa's version. Here's a hint to Wawa officials: One jug of Pumpkin Spice doesn't cut it. Apparently my wife is not alone. I have now stopped three different times and three different Wawas to get my better half her Pumpkin Spice fix, only to find an empty container.

Now Wawa is adding insult to injury.

If you have not heard, this week they rolled out a coffee price hike.

My normal 12-ounce that I pick up every day at lunch went from $1.37 to $1.44. Luckily, I'm still burning off some Wawa gift cards I got for my birthday.

The truth is they could hike the cost to $2 bucks if they so desired, and I would still trudge over to our little Primos Wawa every day. It's part of my routine. And I love their coffee.

Starbucks? Too bitter (although I am warming up to Blonde).

Dunkin' Donuts? Too sweet.

Wawa. Gotta have it every day.

Comments

tom m said…
not a fan of pumpkin spice but prefer WAWA over all others. Kona is my flavor and it goes great with a Tastykake Pumpkin pie. Ah yes . springfield WAWA #1 in hoagie fest and my favorite WAWa/. go Garrett
Anonymous said…
Great ad for Wawa and they didn't spend a dime. As it turns out apparently anything they do is great, even a price increase. Hell, raise it higher. I'll still go according to the author. I like Wawa as much as the next guy and I admire their community involvement but please. Do they really need free advertising? How about a Mom n Pop that sells there quality 12 oz coffee for .99? Oh, they don't have one on every corner... right.