Summer weather finally arrives

Go ahead and hate me if you want (You're certainly not going to be alone in this county!)

It took almost all summer to get here, but summer finally arrived this weekend - just in time to mark the unofficial end of the season.

Labor Day was my kind of summer weather - hot and humid. I spent much of the day sitting on the deck, listening to the hum of the air conditioners as they droned on in the neighborhood.

Every once in awhile my wife would stick her head out the door and check on me. Each time I invited her to join me was met with a look that screamed, "Have you lost your mind?"

You could probably make the argument that I have.

It looks like this late-summer steambath is going to stick around most of the week.

Look for me on the deck, the Phillies game on the radio, a cold beverage in hand.

Life is good.

It took far too long to get here, but I'll take it.

Comments