One more sticky situation

I used my print column to address the latest "sticky" situation I found myself in courtesy of our coverage of the 2014 elections.

Note the emphasis on "sticky."

This has to do with where we draw the line between advertising and news. I am here to tell you it's a lot more blurry than it used to be. These are not especially good days for the newspaper industry. We are turning over every rock in search for new revenue.

Sometimes that leads us to Page One. What was once considered sacrosanct is now less so. But please don't confuse that with our editorial integrity. That line still stands clear.

If you're not a fan of those ads that sometimes show up on our front page, you might question that statement. Several readers did just that last week in the days before Tuesday's election.

It's in today's Letter from the Editor.

Comments