Say it ain't snow

Did you survive the snow?

Yes, many areas got their first coating of snow yesterday afternoon.

Delco was not spared. This pic from Tom Kelly IV shows snow falling outside Springfield Mall Thursday afternoon.

I'm trying to figure out what's worse, the fact that it actually snowed on Nov. 13, or the breathless TV coverage of our first winter event.

As usual, it sent the local TV stations into a frothing state of hyperventilation. Some stations actually raced out to Berks County to note the arrival of the first flakes, several weeks before the official start of winter.

I was driving home from an event in Chester last night. Yes, it was snowing pretty good as I made my way up the Blue Route around 8 p.m. No, it didn't seem to have any effect on traffic. The roads were wet. Same this morning. If there were slick spots, I must have missed them.

Of course, that won't stop the local TV stations from dramatically reporting on our initial foray into winter.

Probably more important, it will be followed by a nasty cold snap that is expected to stick around all weekend.

This morning there are TV reporters hanging out at the Wawa in Thorndale, outside Coatesville, to show us that some cars still have a slight coating of snow. I'm not making this up.

Call me in May. I think I might just go into hibernation.

Comments