No major incidents at post-game 'die-in' - thankfully

As someone who spent a lot of years watching Eagles games in the 700 Level at the Vet, I can tell you I saw some things up there that I still don't believe.

But it was never the scariest part of the day.

That was usually reserved for getting out of the parking lot.

I can't tell you how many times I had a group of guys banging on my car as they walked in front of it to get to their cars. I came close to fisticuffs more than once. And this is among fellow Eagles fans. It was just an ugly mood, obviously even more so after a loss.

You took your life in your hands trying to get out of those lots.

That's why when I heard Sunday morning that protesters were planning a "die-in" after the game, lying down and blocking the intersection of Broad and Pattison, I feared the worst.

Protesters upset at the recent decisions by two grand juries not to bring charges in cases involving police officers and the deaths of two unarmed black men were looking to deliver a message.

I've seen a lot of these fans in action. I figured they would deliver a message as well.

Luckily, nothing major occurred.

Comments