She's got the scoop on good things in Upper Darby schools

You might remember a few weeks ago I visited Upper Darby High School at the invitation of the Home and School Association to learn about things that don't often make the newspaper.

It's a lament I hear from just about every school district.

But Upper Darby senior Maggie Ho had a solution.

I mentioned to her that she could create a blog to note all the great things that are happening in her district.

Maggie is rightly proud of Upper Darby - as are lots of folks. It is a pretty amazing place, where more than 70 languages are spoken every day.

The next morning I arrived at the office to find an email from Maggie. Done. She had created "Voices of Royalty."

That's when the tech demons - which I do battle with every day - got involved.

It took longer than I wanted it to, but I'm proud to say that "Voices of Royalty" now appears on DelcoTimes.com. You can find it here on our community blog page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the link.

The lead item on the blog right now just happens to proclaim the fact that the blog is now featured on our site as well.

This doesn't have to be limited to Upper Darby. I think every district would like to have all the good things their students are involved in get the kind of attention we often simply cannot do in the print edition of the Daily Times.

Here's my offer. You create the blog, I'll host it on DelcoTimes.com.

I'm expecting big things from Maggie. She's a go-getter and a great example of the kind of story that too often does not get told when it comes to Upper Darby kids.

She's 'Royalty' in my book any day.

Comments