Your early morning roads report

Here's your early morning roads report after a very wet ride into the office:

The bad news is that they were not lying about the Nor'easter. It's on us and making for fairly miserable conditions, with gusting winds and driving rain. You can get the full forecast here.

The good news is that I saw no evidence of any snow or icing condition. Speeds likely will be down because the roads are wet and there is some ponding.

There likely will be lots of debris on the road as the winds start to pick up and bring down branches and blow trash cans and anything else on their path out into the roads.

As I've always said, it is one of the very few 'perks' of hitting the roads when I do, you basically have the road to yourself. But as traffic picks up during the morning, I would expect conditions to deteriorate.

Could be worse. I just saw a remote with my friend Jesse Gary from NBC-10 down at the shore, where the wind is howling. Looks like the shore is going to be battered by this storm. Just what they don't need.

Comments