A show of support for law enforcement

Delaware County showed a little love for law enforcement on Sunday.

Actually, a lot of love.

About 1,500 people lined Baltimore Pike in Springfield to show support for the 'Thin Blue Line.' We splashed it all over today's front page.

It came the same day that hundreds of officers gathered in New York City to bid a sad farewell to the second of two officers gunned down by a madman.

I happen to believe that we need more discussion when it comes to race relations in this country. Yes, we've come a long way. But I think we still have a ways to go. In fact, I said so in a recent editorial.

Nowhere is that discussion needed more than between police and the minority community. There clearly is a distrust there that needs to be addressed.

I don't profess to have all the answers.

Except for this one. I think we need to talk more about it.

Comments