Here's to some more fun in 2015

I don't normally make New Year's resolutions.

I'm going to make an exception this year.

Why? Simple. My goal this year is to have more fun.

I deal with deadlines and a lot of downbeat, depressing news all day. I'm pretty much 'plugged-in' 24 hours a day, so I take my merriment anywhere I can find it.

To that end, I offer you this photo that was quite the hit when I posted it on Facebook.

I'm not quite sure where this first started, other than to say it is an old Heron tradition.

Every time I go into a diner or someplace where they offer those little plastic creamers, I always snag two of them, pop them in my eyes, then take a look around.

The first time my kids saw me do this, they were almost apoplectic. When they got a little older, they begged me not to ever do it around any of their friends. Now I actually have them doing it.

My wife just rolls her eyes. She's seen this act for a long time now.

So if you happen to be in a diner and see a guy with creamers in his eyes, by all means come up and say hello.

"Hi, I'm the editor of the Daily Times. Pay no attention to this guy with the creamers in his eyes. He's my alter ego."

Happy 2015, folks!

Comments