How cold is it?

One of the tech devices that I actually enjoy is the little gizmo in my car odometer that tells me the temperature outside the car.

When I climbed in this morning, I had to take a double-take.

It read 6 degrees.

That's not a typo. It was the single digit, a teeth-chattering 6 degrees.

Enjoy it while you can, it's supposed to be even worse tomorrow morning.

Yesterday's dusting of snow was more of a nuisance than anything, but I have to admit I was surprised when I went out for a visit to a local school at 1 p.m. that it was still snowing.

I would guess we got maybe an inch or so here in Primos.

Yesterday's rush hour pretty much turned into the normal snow panic, with drivers either going entirely too fast, or too slow for the conditions.

In other words, pretty much all the major arteries were just gridlocked.

We're now staring into the teeth of the coldest stretch we've had since last January.

Hey, it could be worse.

In Chicago they are looking at a wind-chill index of -28 today. How cold is that? Experts say that exposed skin can freeze in as little as 15 minutes in that kind of cold.

Then there is Buffalo. It has to take a special breed of person to live there. They got rocked with a weird lake-effect storm that dumped a couple of feet of snow in November. Today they are expecting another storm packing as much as 16 inches of snow.

Almost makes things around here feel balmy.

Here's our complete Accuweather forecast.

Comments