In praise of Cecily Tynan

I think it's fair to say I'm not a big fan of the way local TV handles the weather.

About the only thing left for them to do is link Tom Brady and Bill Belichick to our next winter storm.

Speaking of which, all that "double-scan," Doppler and First Alert technology tells us that a messy mix of winter weather is going to arrive tonight and strech into Saturday.

So expect non-stop hyperventilating on the local stations today. There will be no news. There will only be weather.

That's why I was a bit taken aback by something that happened yesterday.

Look, I am more than willing to rip the TV forecasters most days, so today I have to be fair and praise one of them. I'm speaking of Cecily Tynan, the lead meteorologist on 6-ABC.

Tynan went out of her way yesterday to point out this was NOT going to be a major snowstorm. She was on social media telling people that if they wanted to see lots of snow, they were going to be disappointed in this storm.

Here are some of her Tweets:

"If you are hoping for a big snowstorm then Saturday's nor'easter is not the answer. Best bet for Philly Metro, 1"-3"."

*

"You will need to be in the Lehigh Valley to see all snow on Saturday. I-95 will quickly transition to rain. #6abcSnow."

Bravo, Cecily!

Comments