No snow yet, but it's coming - allegedly

You'll be happy to know that the snow has arrived .... in Frederick, Md. Apparently that is somewhere near Baltimore.

I just drove into the office and can report that as of 5 a.m. there is nary a flake on local roads, although there is a ton of brine, which I suppose is a good thing.

I can count the number of advantages of working the weird hours that I do on one hand. But without question at the top of the list is the fact that when I am driving - especially on my way into the office in the early a.m., there is almost no one on the roads. I basically share them with the deer.

That does not mean some nasty weather is not coming today. We apparently are due to get our first measurable snow of the season, although to be honest I will believe it when I see it.

That will not stop the onslaught of local TV coverage. I see they have dispatched reporters as far as Berks County to report on the first flakes, whenever they arrive.

The timing of this first dusting looks like it could be the big problem. It's supposed to hit right at rush hour, and of course we all know how well people in these parts react to snow on the roads. That's right, it should be a mess.

Here's the latest forecast from Accuweather.

Be careful out there.

Comments