Post-holiday drudgery: The 90-day slog

OK, I need help. Yes, I know there are a lot of people out there who have thought that for years.

That's not what I mean.

I'm talking about my mental state, just not the way most people question it.

Specifically, I am looking for ways to get me through the next 90 days.

I will not hide my contempt for them. It's a strong word, but in this case I think it fits.

I hate them.

Yes, I know that'a a strong word. In this case, it fits.

There is nothing about these three months I find especially appealing.

The holidays are now over, slowly dissolving in the rear-view mirror.

And right on time, the weather is about to shift. They're calling for the possibility of a little snow Tuesday, followed by a blast of arctic cold later in the week.

I drive to work in the dark. And drive home in the dark, my teeth chattering the whole time.

And this is from someone who lived in Colorado for several years.

Take my word for it. It's different. It just is. The cold here is different. It's a wet cold that goes right through you and for which you really can't dress.

In Colorado, even when you had a heavy snow, the sun would come out and roads would be clear by noon.

I skied every week the entire time I was in Colorado. I had not been on skis before I went west. And I have not been on them since I got back. My leisure activity these days surrunds golf. And dressing in layers.

Call me on Memorial Day.

Comments