Your Morning Road Report

I took three steps outside the front door this morning and thought to myself, "This isn't good."

It was the unmistakable sound of ice crunching under my feet as I made my way to the car.

Walking was a challenge. Luckily, that and chipping the ice off the car was the biggest challenge of the early-morning commute.

A thin coating of ice had encased the car, but it quickly was chipped off.

As usual, my development always gives the appearance that the world is coming to an end, but once I got out on the roadways, I can report that I had no problems. For the most part, the roads are just wet.

And the farther east I came, toward Delaware County, the better the roads got.

There has been a ton of salt dumped on roads. Avoiding the salt trucks might be one of the bigger challenges of the morning.

I am guessing there will be some two-hour delays this morning, but for the most part I did not encounter any problems. So far in Delaware County only Garnet Valley has announced a two-hour delay.

Here is the full morning forecast.

Comments