Not throwing my hat in the race

Yesterday I decided to have some fun with the blog. Yes, we still enjoy our share of chuckles in the newsroom.

I decided to poke a little fun at myself and tie it into the release of the much-anticipated bodice-ripping flick, "50 Shades of Grey."

I needed a new pic to go with the item that displayed my increasingly silver mane.

I am always stunned at the reaction that is generated when you post an updated picture of yourself on Facebook. But I have to admit I didn't expect what happened yesterday.

I grabbed a shot of me that was taken at a press conference at the Delaware County Courthouse where the Daily Times was honored by the D.A.'s Office for our coverage of the heroin problem in the region. What you can't see in the photo is that D.A. Jack Whelan is standing beside me. That's called cropping. But in the crop, I managed to isolate myself with a flag right behind me.

A lot of people thought I was running for office. Several commenters joked that I should be running for president with that shot. Believe me, I have my hands full trying to run the newsroom.

As it turns out, the decision was kind of prescient. It was just an hour or so later that we got the breaking news that Democrats had picked Philadelphia as the site for their 2016 National Convention.

Once again, I'm ahead of the curve.

But relax, I'm not running for office.

I'll have to be content with covering candidates for now.

Comments