Your early morning report from the roads

15 degrees.

That was the lovely notation that greeted me when I got in the car this morning. Yes, it is seriously cold out there.

Which, of course, leads our friends on TV and radio to warn us of problems with ice on the roads.

This would be a much bigger issue if it had still been raining as the temperatures dipped. But from what I saw the roads were pretty much dry, and I really didn't encounter much in the way of icy conditions.

Yes, any collected water on the side of the roads is now frozen solid, but unless you drive on the side of the road it should not be an issue.

One spot to keep an eye out for is any places where water runs across the road. Those spots also have refrozen in these conditions, but for the most part they are few and far between.

I managed to make the drive into the office without any incidents. Of course, there is no one on the roads at that time. Once people get out on the roads, that could be different.

Just take your time and you should be fine.

Looks like Punxsutawney was on the money. It's just nasty cold out there, and it doesn't look like we're going to get much of a break this week.

I'm not even going to get started on the "wind chill" or "real feel" temperatures. To be honest, I'm not really sure what that means. I think the temperature pretty much stands by itself. Just know that it is very windy and cold this morning.

The TV folks just told me it's warmed up all the way to 19 degrees.

Downright balmy. Here's the full forecast for Tuesday.

Comments