Your morning report from the roads

Well, here's a prediction:

This morning's rush hour is going to be a nightmare.

Take it from someone who just drove in - the roads are very slick.

Again, one of the very few perks of the hours that I work is that there are very few people on the roads when I am driving. That proved to be a godsend this morning.

All the roads I traveled are snow-covered. But that's not the real problem. The issue for drivers is that because it has been so cold, the snow is very slick.

And here is the real crunch - and I mean that literally. Stopping is almost impossible. If the light changes in front of you and you are driving too fast, you have no chance of stopping. I know, I just slid through several of them. Again, I'm thankful no one is on the road when I am.

All the major roads are snow-covered, including West Chester Pike, Route 320, Springfield Road, Baltimore Pike and Oak Avenue were all covered with snow.

I'm not sure where the weather folks got their forecast, but this idea that the real heavy snow was going to stay south and east of us did not seem to materialize.

There is a good 3-4 inches of snow out there.

You can get where you are going, but it is going to be a slog. And please reduce your speed. If you don't and you find yourself needing to make a quick stop, you are going to be out of luck.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Stopping is almost impossible" that's all I need to hear! A day off is in order!
Dottie Kerns said…
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate the non hyped version. Have a great day!