'First Alert,' 'Double-Scan Radar' alert: Get used to hearing it

Here's a little over/under action for a wet, miserable Wednesday as we wait for the snow to arrive.

How many times do you think we'll hear the following phrases today: "First Alert" or "Double-Scan Radar." Or "Ultimate Doppler." Or "Eyewitness Weather." I'm setting the line at 50. And I'm taking the over.

Yes, I'm getting a little punchy - and more than a little tired of winter.

Look, I know that is is likely to snow overnight. The morning commute on Thursday looks like a nightmare. But I don't need to be reminded all day long by TV stations constantly reminding me of their latest high-tech gadgets - which by the way were less than stellar in tracking most of these winter storms the past couple of months.

I have a kind of a novel way of checking on the weather. I usually look out the window. Maybe I should patent it, call it the 'First Eyeball' alert.

Someone please tell me this is Mother Nature's last shot, that after tomorrow, and a cold day on Friday, there is some hope on the horizon.

Now that would be news that could be branded "First Alert."

Comments

Dawn from Newtown Square said…
I'm one of them hoping that this is the last of it, but when I start to get a little cabin fever, I just think back to last winter, when it snowed every week, we were digging out forever it seemed, no power in our home for 8 days, trees down everywhere. So do I need to hear them all day? Absolutely not, but for how this winter went, I am thankful. I am truly ready to SPRING forward. Are you keeping count all day, cause I am not gonna watch it all day that's for sure.. Happy Spring