I'll be rooting for Villanova - & Lafayette!

Sorry Jay Wright, we have a problem.

Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that Villanova snagged a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men's hoops tournament. The Main Lineers are Top Cats in the East Region.

My problem is with their opponent.

My daughter is a proud Lafayette alum.

I do not expect the Leopards to topple mighty Villanova.

In fact, one Associated Press expert already is picking an all-Wildcat final - with Villanova facing Kentucky.

Lafayette, champions of the Patriot League, also have a great local tie, with Philly guy Fran O'Hanlon coaching the the Pards.

They will do their best David routine vs. the Goliath of Villanova Thursday out in Pittsburgh.

I don't expect Lafayette to win. I probably will not be picking them as an upset special in my bracket pool.

In fact, I think this Villanova team likely will make the Final Four.

But how big an upset would it be if O'Hanlon were to outduel his pal Jay Wright.

It's not likely to happen, but I still have to say it:

Go Pards!

Comments