Snow is still on the way - I think

Repeat after me:

4-8 inches ... 4-8 inches ... 4-8 inches.

It's still coming, we are assured. It's just late arriving.

Swell, just what we needed. A finicky Old Man Winter, apparently waiting until the last minute to make his most unwelcome arrival.

Unfortunately, this is not my normal early morning report from the roads. After being bombarded for days with forecasts that assure me that it would start snowing around 1 a.m., I foolishly believed them, and expected to see a coating of white when I peered out the window this morning.

Of course, what I saw was a lot of ... wet.

Nothing.

It rained much of the overnight.

That was then, this is now. Actually, as I write this at 5:30, the snow is just starting to arrive at the Heron abode.

The good folks on TV are backpedaling furiously, although they insist we are still going to get 4-8 inches. I've been a little dubious about this storm now for days. I really think the heaviest snow is going to remain south of the Philly region.

We'll see if I'm right.

In the meantime, I would like to thank Mother Nature for a thoroughly miserable night, getting out of bed ever half hour to peer out the window.

I'll likely head into the office later this morning.

Unless the snow actually does arrive, that is.

One of the very few good things I can say about this technology is that it affords me the ability to work from home. Then again, that also means that there is no escaping work.

It's kind of a love-hate relationship.

Kind of like my relationship with the weather.

If you are interested, this is the latest call from AccuWeather.

And if you want some really good news, the forecast is calling for warmer temperatures starting this weekend and into next week.

It can't come soon enough for me. I hate winter. If I'm never cold again, if I never have to worry about snow again, it would be too soon.

Comments