Your early morning report from the roads

There is no truth to the rumor that the Flyers are scheduling a practice session in your driveway this morning - but they probably could.

Yes, we have not only entered March - we also are back in the Ice Age.

Yesterday's snow shifted over to freezing rain and rain, meaning that almost all surfaces outside are coated in ice.

Here's what you need to know for your drive this morning. The major roads really are not that bad. However, the big challenge will be just getting to your car. Walkways, sidewalks and driveways are a sheet of ice. Trying to get your standing while chipping your way into your car will be your biggest challenge this morning.

I didn't want to do it yesterday afternoon, but I certainly am glad that I went out yesterday afternoon, chipped out the cars, and most importantly lifted the windshield wipers up off the windshield.

I always try to ignore the conditions in my development, because it always looks like the end of the world.

But once out on the main roads, I had no real problems. West Chester Pike was smooth sailing. Probably the worst conditions I hit were on Providence Road from Route 3 over to the Media Bypass. It was still covered with a slushy, snowy mess. But even that wasn't all that bad.

The Media Bypass was just wet, as was Springfield Road.

Maybe my biggest challenge was getting from my car to the office. It was a skating rink, with a heavy coating of ice everywhere.

Most schools in the region are on a two-hour delays. I guess that was a good call. You always want to err on the side of safety when dealing with children.

Look, we survived February, which turned out to be the coldest in the last 36 years.

I think if we can get through this week - we're supposed to have another couple of passing storms - we might be out of the woods.

It's even supposed to

hit 50 degrees on Wednesday - even though it will be raining.

I'll take it. Spring can't be far behind.

Here's the latest forecast from AccuWeather.

Comments