Your morning roads report: Watch for icy spots

I'm not usually one to issue warnings and have often used this space to mock the hype that accompanies so much of the weather reporting we get on TV.

This morning I'm making an exception, based on my early-morning commute into the office.

Again, I will tell you that the best thing about driving at the insane hour I do is that I pretty much have the roads to myself. That has its advantages.

For starters, I can swerve all over the road to avoid the potholes that are literally everywhere on the region's roads.

Second, and most importantly this morning: All that sunshine and milder temperatures that caused that huge melt-off yesterday afternoon has basically refrozen this morning.

Anywhere that saw water standing on the roads or running across the road is now solid ice.

If you hit one of these patches on a curve, or as you approach a stop sign, you could have some issues.

Keep an eye out for these slick sections.

The good news is that we're expecting temperatures to zoom into the 50s this afternoon.

Maybe winter really is over. Just in time for that extra hour of daylight that arrived this weekend with the return of Daylight Savings Time.

Here's the full forecast from AccuWeather.

Comments