How I know it's spring

I don't mark spring in the usual way.

I don't look at the calendar. It's never right anyway. Spring never arrives when the calendar says it does.

I always know it's spring by walking out my front door.

But not in the middle of the day.

In the early morning hours. Very early morning hours.

This morning I walked out the front door and was greeted by something I have not felt in months.

Warmth.

I actually could have gone without a coat, even though I donned my rain coat because I was told it was going to rain later in the day.

The air smelled like spring. It smelled like things growing. It carried the aroma of spring and the promise of summer to follow.

There were even birds chirping in the pre-dawn darkness.

The temperature is expected to push close to 70 degrees this afternoon, even if rain is in the forecast.

We'll cool to the low 50s on Saturday, but there will be some sun, and Easter Sunday looks like a winner, with sun and a high near 60.

Monday, for the Phillies opener, holds the promise of 66 degrees and sunshine.

Yep, spring has arrived. Life is good.

Here's the full forecast.

Comments