Mother Nature's April Fools' joke

Happy April Fools' Day!

If you're expecting a prank, you've come to the wrong place. I've seen way too many newspapers and websites get themselves in all kinds of hot water by what they thought was a clever April 1 parody, which wound up just one more offensive glitch in what is becoming an increasingly touchy area.

Actually, I thought the tech gods already were conspiring to pull the wool over my eyes. The Internet was out in the building when I got into the office this morning. It's amazing how dependent we are today on technology. Luckily, the outage, which started late last night, was corrected fairly quickly. One disaster averted.

The other isn't so easy.

I figure we've already been subject to a classic April Fools' stunt.

Courtesy of Mother Nature.

Yes, I am still wearing a winter coat to work. I routinely refuse to don a winter coat before Thanksgiving. I would like to think I could have put it in the closet by now. Wrong again. I refuse to put on gloves, although I could use them.

My car odometer read a balmy 31 degrees when I got to work.

I have not even thought of pulling out the golf sticks yet.

Very funny, Mother Nature.

The forecast looks like we're going to be in this pattern through the weekend. While we might hit the 60s tomorrow, the weekend will bring more of the same old chilly weather, with the high on Easter Sunday struggling to hit the low 50s.

It's the winter that won't end, and I find nothing 'foolish' about it.

Here's your full forecast.

Comments