Pothole update, and the worst road in Delco

I had every intention of ripping Springfield Township in my blog today.

Why?

Because for a week now I have been hitting what had to be the biggest pothole in Delaware County. It was a massive crater on Springfield Road right at the intersection of Netherwood Drive.

For about a week now I have managed to hit it on the way to the office every morning. I'm surprised my right front tire is still intact. You could get lost in this thing.

But not this morning.

That's because it was filled in at some point yesterday.

Nice work!

I guess someone is reading this blog out in Edgmont as well.

I have complained about the condition of Providence Road from West Chester Pike to the Route 1 Media Bypass, another route I travel every morning.

Today I noticed that someone out in Edgmont - I don't know if the township does it or if PennDOT handles that stretch - was busy patching some of those nasty stretches as well.

Now if only Upper Providence would get the message. That stretch has not been touched as yet.

Then again, I should consider myself lucky. I do not have to traverse Route 202 every day.

I was not that lucky last weekend. I had the misfortune of riding on Route 202 northbound from Route 1 to West Chester. How the hell people do that every day without killing someone is beyond me. There is now way to avoid these potholes without swerving in and of lanes, obviously something you can't do in rush-hour traffic.

It might mean shutting down lanes and adding to commuters' woes, but someone really needs to fix these roads before they cause a serious accident. If you agree, or if you've lost a tire on this nasty stretch, let me know. Maybe together we can get PennDOT to take action.

Comments

joelop said…
I rode my motorcycle on Saturday... Not again until these roads are fixed... Almost got booted from my bike.
Unknown said…
I also drive that Providence Rd route to work everyday. It is absolutely HORRIBLE! Thanks for getting the word out there!
David Baker said…
202 is horrible. Use that and 926 to get to my daughter's house. 926 is pretty bad also.
Anonymous said…
The worst roads are maintained by penndot. How's that gas tax working out again. 1-800-fix-road
Anonymous said…
I ride Providence Rd everyday and it is indeed the worse road out there. It's not even potholes - there are gouches in the middle. Of the road that were never repaired from last year!!
Anonymous said…
Marple Road
Anonymous said…
Lost a tire last year on Route 202, West Chester. Family member needed new wheel and strut after hitting pothole on 202 West Chester 2 weeks ago and yesterday an out of state guest visiting blew out a tire on 202 West Chester. More than frustrated. Have called PENNDOT and was told they're well aware of the problems on that stretch of road.