Some chilling thoughts for Spring

So much for spring.

And at this point I guess about the best thing you can say about summer is that it's a rumor.

When I walked out of the office last night, I knew my decision to eschew a coat for one of the first times this spring was a mistake. So I kind of knew what to expect this morning.

But 35 degrees?

That's what my odometer was reading when I climbed into the car this morning.

And unless I was hallucinating - and that's always a distinct possibility - I believe I spotted a few snow flakes on the ride into the office.

Sure the trees are starting to bloom. And slowly but surely, my lawn is looking distinctly like it's time to break out the mower. But I refuse to cut the grass while my teeth are chattering.

Enough already. Didn't we suffer enough this winter with this miserable weather?

I kind of know what's going to happen. As usual we won't have a spring, instead leap-frogging right into temperatures in the 90s.

I won't complain about that, but I know a lot of people will be less than thrilled.

I'd settle for a day when I could don a T-shirt. Doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon.

Comments