Stirring the 'pot' in Delco

It did not occur to me when I first heard the story from our court reporter Alex Rose.

It was not until I was prepping for our final 5 p.m. news meeting yesterday that the oddity of today's lead story hit me.

Former Sharon Hill committeeman Kenneth Soderland was in court yesterday to enter a guilty plea on drug charges. Police had raided his home and found a cache of pot plants.

But Soderland insisted there was nothing criminal in his intent, that he used the marijuana if not for 'holistic' reasons, but to help people who were suffering and in pain.

"I never charged anybody anything," he told the judge.

I believe him.

And the oddity in this story taking place yesterday.

It was Aril 20. Yes, 4-20, the day many folks take time to celebrate the wonders of pot.

Comments