A love-hate relationship with technology

I have said many times I pretty much have a love-hate relationship with the technology that I swim in at work every day.

Today it's decidedly on the hate side.

Actually, I should just be hating myself.

I did something today I have never done before.

I drove all the way into the office in the pre-dawn darkness, pulled into the Daily Times parking lot, got out of the car, opened up the back door, and then came to the crushing realization that I just drove into the office without my laptop.

I think they heard me over at the Wawa.

I was not a happy camper.

Without that laptop I am pretty much dead in the water in terms of getting anything done online, updating our website, Tweeting (although I could use my phone for that), checking Facebook.

So when I got done cursing, I climbed back in the car and drove home again, snagged the laptop and then turned around and drove right back into the office.

That's a nice little 90-minute commute.

Please feel free to remind me not to take the laptop home with me.

Or at a minimum double-check to be sure I have when I leave home.

Like I said, I have a love-hate relationship with technology.

Today can only go up from here.

Comments