Another Flag Day, another anniversary

Thirty-three years goes by pretty quickly when you're having fun.

As of Sunday, that's how long I've been coming to work at the Delaware County Daily Times.

A lot of things have changed over three years. I talk about some of them in my print column this week.

This is not one of them.

My anniversary here at work falls on Flag Day.

And that means something I heard while making that drive into the office so many years ago, and every year since. KYW Newsradio has pretty much been the soundtrack of my life. It's what I do for a living.

And every Flag Day, I look forward to this great piece by KYW legend Bob Nelson. Here's to another 33 years. I'm kidding. I think.

I'm not sure I can handle that many more changes.

I now Tweet, post on Facebook, and generally engage in the delivery of news 24 hours a day.

I write this blog. Back then, no one knew what a blog was. The Internet was still a couple of decades away from being invented by Al Gore

I'm sure there will be more changes along the way.

As usual, we will adapt. That's what we do. At heart, it's still the same thing. Yes, it can be delivered in new ways across several platforms, but it doesn't change our mission.

We still want to be the paper or record for Delaware County.

It's really that simple.

Even after 33 years.

Comments