Hazy, hot & humid? Bring it on!

You can start hating me now.

Or should I say 'heating' me now.

Yes, I like this weather.

Correction, I LOVE this weather.

Maybe it's because my last name starts with H - yes, I'm a hazy, hot and humid kind of guy.

Which will come in handy today, when we are looking at the possibility of a record high as the thermometer is expected to peak at 94 degrees. A heat advisory is in effect for the entire region.

The record high for today is 97 set back in 1888.

We're also looking at the possibility of thunderstorms rumbling across the region late this afternoon.

You can get all the details here.

There is, of course (isn't there always?) a downside to all this. I have a distinct dislike to air-conditioning. My idea of air-conditioning is a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

I don't understand why my hands have to feel like popsicles all day in the office when it's 94 degrees outside.

Yes, I am that fool you will see driving home tonight with the window down.

Maybe it's a memory from my youth, when not every car had air-conditioning. Yes, kids, I'm old. Believe it or not, cars were not always air-conditioned. In fact, we were not above leaving the windows rolled up just to give the impression that our wheels were 'cool.'

Central air was not something we had in our house either.

When things really heated up in the summer, we would abandon the oven-like second floor of the Heron above for the cooler climes of the downstairs living room, or even resorting to sleeping out on the screened-in porch.

Somehow we managed to survive.

Today, TV will tell us all day of the dangers of the heat and how we need to stay hydrated and seek out air-conditioned places like malls.

Not me. I'll be looking for reasons to go outside.

I know. I'm weird.

But it's summer. And it's hot. For some reason, that does not strike me as earth-shattering news, even if it does bring a smile to my face.

Comments