Yep, it's summer

I couldn't help smiling just a bit as I walked out the door in the pre-dawn darkness this morning.

Yep, summer is here.

My kind of weather.

Last night when I got home I quickly undressed, donned a pair or shorts and T-shirt and headed for the deck with the biggest glass of iced tea I could find.

Heaven.

Yes, it was hot. And humid. Go ahead, call me crazy (you won't be the first) I love it.

I just went out and retrieved the papers on the sidewalk in front of the office. All I could think of was this is the perfect morning (at least for me), to be out on a golf course. It's my favorite part of the summer.

To be the first person off the tee, with an empty course in front you, wearing a pair shorts, cloaked with the kind of heavy, thick air that makes a golf ball go forever, is just about heaven.

Unfortunately, I'll be stuck in an air-conditioned office all day.

But I know where I'll be tonight.

It will be me, Scott Franzke, those bumbling Phils, the trill of crickets and the hum of air conditioners. I just might have a bit more substantial beverage as well.

Summer is here. Life is good.

Comments