A beautiful new intersection

I did something this morning I have not done in several weeks.

I drove through the new intersection of Providence Road and Route 252 in Upper Providence.

Even in the pre-dawn darkness, I can tell you it's really beautiful.

Now, of course, I realize that all that blacktop is probably not a lot of people's cup of tea.

But for someone who maneuvers that section of road every morning, it was a joy.

It's part of the huge project to redo Route 252 along Rose Tree Park and up through Rose Tree Road and the Media Bypass. It's now four lanes wide, along with a fifth, middle turn lane.

The 'V' where Providence Road split off from Route 252 had been closed for several weeks to redo the intersection. Yes, I can admit I "sneaked" through Springton Lake Middle School a couple of days before altering my route.

As you approach Route 252 on Providence Road, you can no longer use that little cattle chute that forced you to merge into oncoming traffic. Instead now you come to a light, complete with turn lanes, that allows you a much easier access to Route 252.

I'm not an architect nor a traffic expert, I'm just a harried editor who appreciates it when a long-awaited job is completed.

A huge thumb's up to PennDOT and all those involved in this project.

Oh, lest I forget, how did I come to learn that my normal route into work was open again? Why, I read it in the newspaper, of course, courtesy of our correspondent Susan Serbin and her report from the Upper Providence supervisors meeting that was in the Monday paper.

Now, if someone wanted to resurface the rest of Providence Road out to Route 3, I would not complain a bit.

Comments