A common theme in the headlines

The following things all took place yesterday:

- A man went on a shooting spree at two different military sites in Chattanooga, Tenn. By the time he was gunned down in a confrontation with police, four Marines were dead.

- The suspect in the killing of nine black members of the historic Emanuel AME Church was in court in Charleston, S.C.

- A jury convicted James Holmes, who strolled into a packed movie theater in Denver, Colo., and opened fire, killing 12 and wounding dozens.

- A man with a gun suspected in the armed robbery of a supermarket was shot during a confrontation with police in Millbourne. What do all of these stories have in common?

Look, I don't pretend to know what the answer is on guns.

But I think I know this. There are too many of them out on our streets, in the hands of people who have no business with them. I think that much we can agree on. Now the answer is what to do about it.

Because if we don't do something, we're going to continue reading stories like these every morning.

I'm getting tired of just shaking my head.

Comments