A visit to Lincoln Financial Field

I'd like to say I was the missing "Linc" for Chip Kelly and the Eagles.

Yes, I was in attendance at yesterday's huge win for the Birds over the Saints on a simply glorious Sunday afternoon at Lincoln Financial Field.

Here's the embarrassing part, at least for a longtime season ticket holder and proud denizen of the 700 level at Veterans Stadium. It was the very first time I had stepped inside Lincoln Financial Field.

Pretty impressive, I have to say.

Of course, the real reason the Eagles won was because the defense was very good, and Sam Bradford recovered from two early INTs in the Red Zone to have maybe his best day as an Eagle. It also probably helped that the Saints are just an awful team.

But I want to talk about Bradford. In the section I was sitting in, including the gorgeous woman sitting next to me (relax, it was my wife), there were calls for Mark Sanchez after the second turnover early in the game. Not from me.

I'm a Bradford guy. I think he's the most talented QB the Eagles have had in a long time. But even I can admit those were two very bad picks he threw, and I am guessing Bradford would agree.

Bradford recovered to have a huge day, going 32 for 45 for 333 yards and two touchdowns. But more importantly, he looked a lot more like the guy I saw in preseason, in control of the offense, making the right decisions, and sharp, accurate throws. And yes, he also had several balls he delivered right on the hands dropped again yesterday, so his day could have been even better.

And of course, I will not pass up the opportunity to mention all those who still believe Kelly made the wrong decision in dumping Nick Foles to get Bradford, a former No. 1 pick in the draft.

Foles yesterday looked pretty much like the Nick Foles I saw too often. He threw four interceptions and was just 11 of 30 for 141 yards and a touchdown.

I stand by my decision - and by Bradford.

By the way Chip, if you want to spot me season tickets as the Eagles official good luck charm, I'm available.

Comments