Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick was on the money

First things first. I strived mightily to stay up for the Eagles game.

I failed. Yes, I dozed off early in the 4th quarter.

I didn't miss much. When I awoke the Eagles were still leading, 27-7.

And I can admit that a part of me wanted the Giants to score.

Why?

Because my traditional Saturday blog post, The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick, had the Eagles winning 27-16. Hey, I'll take it.

It has been pointed out to me by a reader that I have picked the Eagles all six games so far this year, and there is a hint of homerism.

I think I can take care of that now.

Why is it that I don't feel all that good by the Eagles' win last night. It evened the Eagles' record at 3-3 and vaulted them over the Giants and into first place in the 'NFC Least.' (I'm really beginning to think there are no good teams in the NFC East.

Mostly it has to do with Sam Bradford. I'll deal with that in another post.

For now, the Eagles will go on the road for a second straight prime-time performance Sunday night against the undefeated Carolina Panthers.

And who would have thought a few weeks ago that Cam Newton would pose a much bigger challenge than Eli Manning?

Comments