Hoot Owls!

There is at least one team in Philadelphia that is ready for prime time.

No, I'm not talking about the Eagles and their crucial must-win matchup tonight vs. the Giants at Lincoln Financial Field. How 'bout those Temple Owls!

The Owls broke into the Top 25 for the first time in decades after running their record to 6-0 this weekend with a 30-16 win over UCF. The new college polls came out Sunday and the Owls are ranked No. 22 in the AP poll. They sit at 24 in the coaches' poll.

They now must get by East Carolina on the road Thursday night to set up a huge matchup with Notre Dame at a sold-out Lincoln Financial Field the following weekend.

Congratulations to Temple coach Matt Rhule and the Owls.

No, I haven't forgotten the Eagles. In case you missed it, I like them to take down the Giants in Monday Night Football. It's the Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick.

And yes, I am aware of the fact that I have picked the Birds to win every week so far this season. I hope I'm not jinxing them.

Here's my take: Tonight is Sam Bradford's night. He's been slowly but surely putting his game together. Tonight is the night he shines on a national stage, outdueling Eli Manning.

Comments