It happened again

They apparently just released a photo of the suspect in the latest mass shooting, one that claimed nine lives on the campus of a community college in a sleepy, rural Oregon town.

Don't hold your breath waiting to see it there.

I don't want to see his face.

I don't want to know his name.

I want it to stop.

I don't know the answer to this country's gun problem. I just know we have one. It involves guns getting into the hands of people who should not have them.

I understand we are never going to resolve the Second Amendment argument. I don't think we're ever going to ban guns, nor do I necessarily think we should.

But I know guns routinely get into the hands of people who don't have them.

It happened again yesterday. I don't know how this troubled young man got his guns. At this point I'm not sure it makes much difference. He died in a gun battle with police.

President Obama last night lamented that this has become routine, the act, all the reporting, all the hand-wringing. We've become numb to it, he said.

That's maybe the scariest thought of what was a terrible day in another idyllic small American town.

Right up there with the knowledge that it will happen again. The only question is when and where.

Comments