Good news for Eagles fans

There is good news and bad news for Eagles fans this morning.

Incredibly, the Birds find themselves just one game out of first place in the NFC Least this morning after the Redskins knocked off the Giants yesterday. And the Eagles still have games against both the New Yorkers and the D.C. gang. My, how the mighty NFC East has fallen.

So what's the bad news. Well, the Birds now face a date with the New England Patriots next Sunday. Then again, the Pats were knocked from the ranks of the unbeaten by the Broncos last night. And they may be without stud tight end, Rob Gronkowski, who was last seen riding a cart being taken off the field after being injured last night.

I promised myself I wasn't going to do this.

It was actually nice this weekend not to have to deal with the aggavation of wasting three hours watching the Eagles.

But I will be back in front of the tube next weekend.

Could the Eagles make the playoffs. Not likely. I don't expect them to beat Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the Patriots, with or without Gronkowski.

But weirder things have happened. In the meantime, the Patriots might be the least of Chip Kelly's worries. Beat writer Bob Grotz reports this morning the Eagles coach finds himself on the hot seat.

Comments

Kevin said…
I don't expect them to be Bill Belichick

I think BE should be BEAT