Jingle all the way: Christmas music arrives

So much for Thanksgiving.

The Christmas season arrived yesterday.

At least the music did.

The folks at More 101.1 FM in Philly have gone all Christmas classics.

I like Christmas music as much as the next guy. To prove my point, I can tell you that the greatest Christmas song ever recorded is Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas."

Go ahead, slam me for not going with Andy Williams.

But the fact is I don't need Christmas music in the middle of November yet. We haven't even hit Thanksgiving yet.

What's next, a double-feature of "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," and a "Charlie Brown Christmas"?

I have the same argument with my wife on this notion of rushing into the holiday.

I happen to have grown up in a house where the tree did not appear until magically showing up on Christmas morning.

Now we put it up in early December.

I'll offer the same response on the early carols:

Bah! Humbug!

Comments