'Let's Make a Deal,' the Harrisburg version

Welcome to Harrisburg's version of 'Let's Make a Deal."

Gov. Tom Wolf is getting more money for education.

Republicans are getting money to sure up the state's two sagging public pension funds.

Taxpayers: Well, you're getting an increase in the state sales tax, from the current 6 percent, to 7.25 percent.

Me? All I wanted out of this deal was to be able to push the plunger and blow up the hated Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board. I want to be able to walk into a supermarket or Wawa and grab a six-pack or a bottle of wine. If I'm in the supermarket, I want to be able to snag that case of beer, put it in my cart, and pay for it along with the rest of my groceries.

That dream is fading, but House Speaker Mike Turzai, R-Allegheny, will give it privatization one more try with a new bill that will be voted on by the state House Liquor Committee today.

It's all in my weekly print column.

Comments