Sweet music at Sun Valley

Yesterday in this space I noted that we don't always afford the same type of coverage to high school kids who take part in band and some other extracurricular activities, as compared to what we do for kids who excel in athletics.

I did this while noting that the Sun Valley High School Vanguards Marching Band had captured a state title at the statewide Cavalcade of Bands Championship at Hershey Stadium over the weekend.

I also did something else.

I promised that, in addition to my blog, I would make sure we did a feature in the print edition to note this great accomplishment. Today we delivered the goods.

Again, huge kudos to the kids from Sun Valley, and in fact to all those unsung kids who put in long hours honing their craft.

Your accomplishments don't always make the paper, but we want you to know we are proud of you.

You can read today's story on Sun Valley band here.

Comments