The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick (Turkey Day Edition)

That massive case of indigestion about to descend on the region has nothing to do with turkey and all the fixings.

This Bird is fowl all right, and I don’t see it getting any better today.

The Eagles’ effort last week vs. the Buccaneers - on their home turf - was inexcusable. It had all the markings of a team that had bailed on their coach. You never want to use the word ‘quit,’ but this one had all the markings of it. Mark Sanchez, in for concussed Sam Bradford, continued his career-long turnover act. It appears as if Sanchez gets the call today, which should be welcome news in Detroit.

On defense, the Birds were savaged by rookie quarterback Jameis Winston. Matthew Stafford should be able to at least match that effort.

Should the Eagles pull out a win, incredibly they could pull themselves right back into the race in the NFC Least. I don’t see it happening.

I have picked the Eagles every week this year. I’ve been a huge proponent of Chip Kelly, and the moves he’s made as general manager. No longer. This thing has the look of an implosion looking for a place to happen.

It continues today in Detroit.

A reason for thanks? Not for Iggles fans.

The Pick: Make it Lions 23, Eagles 16. This thing looks like it’s coming apart at the seams. I think Sanchez plays, and he showed me nothing to make me believe he is not the turnover machine he has been for most of his career. Don’t let it ruin your holiday feast.

Last Week: The Eagles scored on the opening drive of the game, then allowed the Bucs to run all over them. The Linc was three-quarters empty by the start of the fourth quarter.

Season Record: 4-6. That goes for both the Eagles and my prognostications. That changes today. One of us will win, one will lose. I am hoping the Eagles will prove me wrong. That is with my heart. My head says Detroit escapes with the win.

Game by Game: Falcons 26, Eagles 24. (My Pick: Eagles 37, Falcons 26)

Cowboys 20, Eagles 10 (My Pick: Eagles 31, Cowboys 26)

Eagles 24, Jets 17. (My Pick: Eagles 27, Jets 23)

Redskins 23, Eagles 20. (My Pick: Eagles 26, Redskins 13)

Eagles 39, Saints 17. (My Pick: Eagles 23, Saints 13)

Eagles 27, Giants 7. (My Pick: Eagles 27, Giants 16)

Panthers 27, Eagles 16 (My Pick: Eagles 26, Panthers 23)

Eagles 33, Cowboys 27 OT (My Pick: Eagles 23, Cowboys 13)

Dolphins 20, Eagles 19 (My Pick: Eagles 33, Dolphins 16)

Bucs 45, Eagles 17 (My Pick: Eagles 17, Buccaneers 16)

Comments