The Miracle in Motown: Could Bradford or Sanchez do that?

Here's a great little nugget I picked up from my pal Big Daddy Graham and his team, who I listen to religiously on my early-morning drive into the office.

It comes in the wake of the incredible last-play Hail Mary pass heaved by Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, resulting in a miracle win over a stunned Detroit Lions team and their equally incredulous home fans.

Big Daddy pointed out that the play marks three consecutive prime time NFL contests that have all ended on the last play of the game. Sunday night, Monday night and last night's Miracle in Motown were all walk-off TDs.

After I saw it this morning, I was amazed not only at the skill the Packers showed in pulling off the play (it sure seemed like the Green Bay receivers were working together in blocking out the Lions' defenders, but also just how far Aaron Rodgers threw that ball. After scrambling to his right, the QB took a couple of steps forward and then heaved the ball with everything he had. He let it go on his own 35-yard line, and it landed in his receiver's arms a couple yards deep in the end zone.

Here's my question? I'm not sure that Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez combined could get that ball into the end zone.

Just amazing.

You can see the plan here.

Comments