The next 'Star Wars' I see will be the first

It's time to step back into the confessional.

I will not be in line to see the new 'Star Wars' flick.

What's the point? I haven't seen any of the others.

Yes, I can freely admit I have not see a single 'Star Wars' movie. Not one.

Oh, I might have seen a few clips while channel surfing on the tube, but I have never seen an entire 'Star Wars' flick, either on TV or in the movies. And not on my phone or laptop, where my kids watch movies today.

I am strictly a drama guy. And I love action-adventure. Yes, I'm a Steven Seagal-Jason Statham guy. But anything to do with science fiction, space stuff or other land of make believe adventures? I'll pass. I was never a 'Star Trek' Fan either.

James Bond? Count me in. I'll be shaken, not stirred. R2D2 and Han Solo? No thanks.

So the force is not going to be with me today, as the nation storms movie theaters in order to see the latest version of the series, 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens.'

One theater in Bensalem is actually doing a 'Star Wars' marathon, playing the entire series.

If you're a fan, make sure you check out our review here. And for a roundup of reviews, you can go here.

The critics seem to like it.

Good for them.

I'll take a pass.

Comments